How to remove the logo and footer of Quark?

Hello, how can I remove the Grav logo?
I am using the default Grav theme :slight_smile:

and how can I remove the footer?

@Bendik

If you want to make changes to a theme, the best thing you could do, is making an inherited theme based on Quark and make changes in the derived theme. If you do not, every time the Grav team releases a new version of Quark you will lose your changes.

Remove logo:

• Copy file ‘user/themes/quark/templates/partials/base.html.twig’ into your own theme’s folder ‘user/themes/mytheme/templates/partials’.
  • In your own theme’s ‘base.html.twig’ remove the following line:
    {% include 'partials/logo.html.twig' %}

• And also remove the following line:
    {% include 'partials/logo.html.twig' with {mobile: true} %}

I left the surrounding <section> and <div> elements in the template, otherwise the navigation bar will not align properly.

Remove footer:

• In your own theme’s ‘base.html.twig’ remove the lines:

<section id="footer" class="section bg-gray">
      <section class="container {{ grid_size }}">
         <p><a href="http://getgrav.org">Grav</a> was <i class="fa fa-code"></i> with <i class="fa fa-heart-o pulse "></i> by <a href="https://trilby.media">Trilby Media</a>.</p>
      </section>
    </section> 

1 Like

Why does it have to be so complicated? So I have to make an entirely new template just to replace the logo?

@DonaldTrump The original poster wanted to remove the logo instead of replacing it and wanted to remove the footer. Therefor the original template had to be customised. When customising original code that might receive updates, using inherited themes prevents the loss of customisations.

NB. I have updated the title to better mach the intent of the OP.

I created the folder you described, copied the twig file, removed to two lines you directed to remove for the logo. This did not work. Should The logo is still there.

The footer section as you have written it, does not exist in the base.html.twig. There is only this…
{% block footer %}
{% include ‘partials/footer.html.twig’ %}
{% endblock %}

as i understand with GRav, changing color of a text : need to change template etc etc …
the White elephant !