Grav alternative for Wordpress?

Hello,

IS Grav a full alternative for Wordpress? I want to build a website with blocsapp (HTML editor). But it’s for static websites. Can I add functionalities like a blog with comment possibilities? Can I add a ebook for download etc? I want to use my website for building a community. Is it SEO friendly? Will my website be found on google?

I would really use Grav, but only if it can do what I need.

Who can give me the answers to my questions?

Best regards,

Berry

First - It would be a good idea to read doc’s for grav that would answer many of your questions. That being said. Yes you can build a blog - yes you can have comments - have can have a ‘backend’ and have users. Grav is great but it is not a full cms. Regarding google - anything can be found but it all depends on many factors the least is the cms you are running. You may want to consider getting someone to make a site for you if all you want to do is blog. Peace

Grav works slightly different then wordpress, no database required,
but it is also plugin based. There are plugins that you can use.
If you want to develop your own, then you have to read the docs. Yes, it is SEO friendly.
Please note that this version only have a basic admin panel (admin plugin). If you need a complex user management system then wordpress is maybe a better solution. Best.

@bjollie:
Can I add functionalities like a blog with comment possibilities? - YES
Can I add a ebook for download etc? - YES
Is it SEO friendly? & Will my website be found on google? - YES

In fact you can do many things beyond that.

Direct message me through my Twitter @famouslabs. I can help you set the things up.

@bjollie As the others already said, your questions can already be answered with yes using plugins like Comments or JSComments, or SnappyGrav. For eBooks however you have to write your own plugin. The rest (blog like site, see Blog site skeleton) can be done via clever page naming (SEO friendly) and theme development.

However Grav is atm not a full alternative for Wordpress. For this Grav is too young. There are only a “few” plugins and not everything is working right out-of-the-box. You always have to customize some things to your needs, before it works. Wordpress and other CMSs are simpler, because there are more end-user friendly than Grav is at the moment. If your like the flexibility Grav can give you, choose Grav otherwise better stick to Wordpress.