Google maps Api grey map

Hi there , I am using the skeletons/x-corporation/. On the contact page I inserted a google Api and all I see is a grey map of my area with no functionality at all… does anyone know if this is how it supposed to look like or are there some parameters I missed…

same on there demo page:
https://www.peaceofmindwebsite.com/skeletons/x-corporation/contact

thx in advance

Your map options are all set to false. The colour settings are just above the below call, as well. You just need to adjust the settings to your liking.

The code is from the map.html.twig template file. You need to inherit the theme and customize the file. Better yet, extract those to the theme’s config file and then submit a pull request so the theme can be better for future users, too.

var map_options = {
                center: new google.maps.LatLng($latitude, $longitude),
                zoom: $map_zoom,
                panControl: false,
                zoomControl: false,
                mapTypeControl: false,
                streetViewControl: false,
                mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP,
                scrollwheel: false,
                styles: style,
            }

Thankx Perlkonig… I already played with the true/false settings direct in the footer.js… but that didn’t seem to work…

The demo page you provided seems to work for me, does your browser block location services perhaps?

I opened your site, everything worked fine.

Dear Chris,

What works fine? When trying to visit/use the google maps under contact, all I see is a grey google map with the streets… normally I can use such cards to calculate the distance etc, just like in google.maps… That is not fine… I used different computers/different browsers…

Dear Rob, I used different computers/different browsers and its the same everywhere… I rather think google changed the workings of the API

, so this is what I see, and what you don’t need right?

This is what I saw as well. “grey google maps window” is from my experience something different. :wink:

Yep guys, this is what I see too… just a grey “print screen” version of my street… no interactivity at all… That’s not right, right?

Well,
You can move the map, you can click on every marker (except yours), so I wouldn’t say that there is no interactivity.
But I have to admit that you can do way better with the google maps api.
Having said that, I don’t know about the theme, so I can’t tell if it’s because of a parameter you would have missed…