Disable plugin?

Is it possible to disable certain plugins on a page? I am trying to write a HOWTO post that describes how to use the shortcode-ui plugins, but whenever I put some of those shortcodes within a code block (```) it renders those shortcodes.

I did look to see if any frontmatter tags allowed this functionality, but couldn’t see anything.

Any help is appreciated.

You can’t do this by default unless the specific plugin supports being enabled/disabled on a specific page. Some have this support, others don’t.

It is possible to create a plugin that programatically disables a specific plugin if a particular page header is set. However, the page is only processed at a certain point in the work flow, and it’s quite possible, the plugin has already run and done some work by that point.

Luckily, there is a shortcode that stops shortcode processing, to do what you need:

for example:

[raw]
[columns count=2 width=200px gap=30px rule="1px dotted #930"]
### Headline

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod
tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam,
quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo
consequat. 

Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse
cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non 
proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod
tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam,
quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo
consequat. 
[/columns]
[/raw]

The [raw][/raw] tag stops any shortcode processing inside it.

Good man! I knew there must be something in there to support this… AND you correctly identified what I was trying to display in raw format (which is slightly creepy).

Many thanks Sir.