Add a custom YAML file via plugin

Hi everyone,

Just starting out with Grav, so apologies if it’s totally obvious what I am asking about :slight_smile:

I am following the Admin Recipes > Add a custom YAML file via plugin guide but I have an issue which I can’t find the answer to.

Question:
From the Cookbook > Admin Recipe guide I understand that the values are stored in user/plugins/myplugin/blueprints/config/details.yaml.

But when I update the fields in the plugin I do not see any changes made to the details.yaml file

Am I misunderstanding how this should work?

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

@modal_mous, I’m afraid there might indeed be some misunderstanding…

I understand that the values are stored in user/plugins/myplugin/blueprints/config/details.yaml

That file does not contain “values”, but instead it contains the definition of the ‘Details’ form which will be available in the Configuration section in Admin.

The values you enter into the Details form in Admin will be saved in ‘/user/config/details.yaml

The recipe by the way works as expected.

1 Like

Hi Pamtbaau,

You are absolutely right :slight_smile: I’m still wrapping my head around flat-file cms while learning Grav!

I was not aware that the actual values were stored in a auto-generated yaml file corresponding to the plugins name, but thank you so much for clearing it up for me!

All the best and have a great day